GCA recognizes the importance of its role in managing social, economic and environmental issues. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the principal way GCA seeks to co-ordinate and manages practices to maximize positive social and economic contribution and minimize the environmental impacts of its business. Engagement with member companies, employees, local communities, environmental stakeholders, regulators, business partners and suppliers is central to GCA’s approach to CSR.
GCA divides CSR into four segments:
- Marketplace: How we work with our members, customers and suppliers
- Workplace: Where we work, how we recruit and how we work with our staff
- Environment: How we reduce our environmental impact
- Community: How we engage with the community
This Policy applies to all divisions of GCA.
Executive Management is responsible for ensuring that key strategic and operational decisions in their area take into account CSR considerations, supporting CSR initiatives and practices through the allocation of sufficient resources, raising the profile of CSR and overseeing that their area complies with this policy. Staff is responsible for behaving in a corporately responsible way, adhering to this policy and enabling GCA to make a positive social, economic and environmental contribution.
1. GCA will operate in accordance with the company’s strategy of adopting high values and standards of behavior and within all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. GCA will also provide a mechanism and process whereby illegal and/or unethical behavior can be reported and addressed.
2. GCA will provide products and services to meet the needs of its members and clients, while having consideration for the impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
3. GCA will provide high standards of service to clients, and have complaints procedures for clients and customers to ensure their concerns are efficiently addressed on those occasions where there is a problem.
4. GCA will take a partnership approach to supply chain relations, ensuring that payments are made promptly, supplier complaints are reviewed, and that we use fair and transparent procurement methods.
5. GCA will use its position in the marketplace to raise awareness of CSR with clients, members and the market, and help facilitate change to minimize impact on the natural environment and communities where we operate.
1. GCA will provide a workplace in which diversity is valued and there are equal opportunities. GCA will provide a mechanism/s by which employees can raise their views and be engaged in change and issues that affect the company.
2. GCA will provide a safe and secure workplace, which is conducive to the health and welfare of employees.
3. GCA will support employees with training and development opportunities to help them reach their potential and maximize their contribution to GCA’s strategy.
4. GCA will recognize and reward individuals on the basis of their own performance and that of the company. GCA will appraise performance on both the results that were achieved and how they were achieved.
1. GCA will seek to minimize its energy, water and paper usage, through design, infrastructure and behaviour.
2. GCA will seek to optimize the recycling of waste through providing adequate facilities and behaviour, and limit the use of hazardous material.
3. GCA will seek to reduce unnecessary travel and encourage the use of alternative means of communication where practicable.
4. GCA will incorporate environmental considerations into procurement decisions (including refurbishments/new building projects), and raise awareness/influence our supply chain to facilitate a reduction in their environment impact.
1. GCA will provide benefit to the community though the creation of jobs and the accompanying wealth produced, and through the investment of our money and time in the community.
2. GCA will provide and support worldwide employee volunteering opportunities and support corporate fundraising campaigns.
3. GCA will continue to provide charitable funds and fund raising activities for the benefit of local and global charities.
4. GCA will encourage and support employees in their own community activities and fundraising efforts, through the provision of time and/or financial contributions.